Thursday mornings, June 16th-August 25th
Times: 10:00 - 11:00 am
Cost: Included with standard daytime admission ($10 for adults, $5 for youth ages 4-17) or with Coggeshall Farm Museum membership or Old Sturbridge Village membershipGet Tickets
Our littlest friends are invited to the farm for this reoccurring summer Pre-K series. In this toddler series designed for kids 2-5 years old, kids will learn, play, create and explore their way through our farmyard. Come for just one class or the whole series, and hear stories, sing songs, meet animals, and play games that introduce our youngest friends to the beautiful great outdoors.
Things to Know:
- This program runs from 10:00 – 11:00 am on Thursday mornings, June 16th to August 25th
- Each Thursday will have a different theme; see below for more details
- These classes are included with the price of admission or an active membership, no pre-registration is necessary for the class. Purchase standard daytime admission here.
- Classes meet next to the Lake Kitchen Garden
- Please plan to stay with your child during the class
- If you have questions about Roots & Shoots, please email email@example.com
2022 Class Descriptions
Fowl Play | June 16th
Meet our chickens, search for eggs, and learn about their role on a farm!
Buzz about Bees | June 23rd
Pollinators make the world a colorful healthy place. Celebrate the hardest workers on the farm in this class about bees.
Garden Thyme | June 30th
Learn about the tiny seeds that fill our world and practice your gardening skills.
Feeling Sheepish | July 7th
Meet our sheep and learn about what it takes to make soft snuggly fabric out of their wool!
Pig Out! | July 14th
Meet the pigs and learn about their big muddy world!
Tree Talk | July 21st
Be a tree hugger in this class that celebrates and explores the trees on our farm.
Play with Clay | July 28th
Touch, squeeze, smush, and play with the clay that becomes Coggeshall Farm Museum’s ceramic ware!
Forest Friends | August 4th
Our farm is filled with more than just farm animals! Learn about the critters who live in the woods, pasture, sky, and pond at Coggeshall Farm Museum.
Make a Splash! | August 11th
When the summer gets too hot, cool down in this splashy, wet and wild class.
My Five Senses | August 18th
Explore all the ways you can see, smell, taste, hear, and feel the farm around you.
Fruits and Veggies | August 25th
As the summer draws to an end, help us harvest and learn about the wonderful world of edible plants.