Jobs at Coggeshall Farm Museum are exciting ways to connect with history. Current job openings will be posted below when available. Since the partnership between Old Sturbridge Village and Coggeshall Farm Museum began (learn more here), the Old Sturbridge Village Human Resources department manages talent acquisition functions. Unless otherwise noted in the job posting, please send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Old Sturbridge Village
1 Old Sturbridge Village Rd.
Sturbridge, MA 01566
or send via email
Coggeshall Farm Museum does not provide housing and is not able to assist candidates with interview or relocation costs.
See below for current job opportunities at Coggeshall Farm Museum.
Coggeshall Farm Museum seeks a creative, forward thinking, and highly motivated museum educator to serve in a new position as Education Coordinator in Bristol, Rhode Island. Under the general supervision of the Site Director at Coggeshall Farm Museum, the Education Coordinator will lead the creation and execution of Coggeshall’s museum education programs. This position will design and lead programing targeted to the school audience, also including summer camps, scout programing, and homeschool programming. This is a unique opportunity to join the museum as it builds new offerings and initiatives in partnership with Old Sturbridge Village.
This position is Full Time, Salaried, Exempt and Benefit Eligible. Weekday, evening, holiday, and weekend hours are required to fulfill program needs.
Education & Experience:
- 2 to 5 years working with children in a museum, school, camp, or childcare environment
- Bachelor’s degree in history, art history, education, museum studies, or a related field, master’s degree preferred
- Experience designing and implementing programs for public audiences
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences
- Must be organized as well as flexible, and able to be self-directed in prioritizing tasks and work
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, a sense of humor, and experience working on a team
- Must have a high threshold for kid-related chaos and the ability to deal with the unexpected
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Design and implement in-person school field trip programs for a K-12 audience. This will include outreach to schools and developing relationships with local educational institutions.
- Design and oversee a summer camp, scout day, and homeschool day program. This position will be tasked with creating, growing & evaluating these programs. Including developing new programs and content in partnership other CFM & OSV staff. Furthermore, working with marketing and development staff to promote and fund these programs.
- Work with Old Sturbridge Village staff to assist with the creation of virtual content for both Coggeshall and Village programming
- Serve as an active ambassador and advocate for Coggeshall Farm Museum’s Educational programs
- Mentor and train paid staff, volunteers/docents, fellows and interns
- Understand, identify and appropriately respond to the multiple learning styles of a diverse audience that includes students, families, and other life-long learners. Actively engage these audiences using a range of interpretation techniques.
- Teach museum education programs as needed
- Work public interpretation shifts including serving as a manager during those shifts
- Work evening programs such as Evenings at the Farm, Fairytale Farms, Phantoms of Fire, Christmas by Candlelight, or other evening shifts as required.
- Other duties as required
Interested candidates should apply to email@example.com.