Jobs at Coggeshall Farm Museum are exciting ways to connect with history. Current job openings will be posted below when available. Since the partnership between Old Sturbridge Village and Coggeshall Farm Museum began (learn more here), the Old Sturbridge Village Human Resources department manages talent acquisition functions. Unless otherwise noted in the job posting, please send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Old Sturbridge Village
1 Old Sturbridge Village Rd.
Sturbridge, MA 01566
or send via email
Coggeshall Farm Museum does not provide housing and is not able to assist candidates with interview or relocation costs.
Part-Time Visitor Services Clerk
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Visitor Services Clerk will sell admission tickets to individuals and group visitors using the automated ticketing system, Altru. This position is a part-time position that requires weekday, weekend, and holiday availability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following:
- Provide the best experience for all visitors
- Provide program and visit-related information to all visitors and prospective visitors in-person. Greet and orient audiences to the Coggeshall Farm Museum. Promote awareness of programming, events and visitor resources.
- Maintain proper accounts of currency in the cash drawer.
- Follow established procedures in the handling of cash, negotiables, and related records to safeguard CFM’s finances and ensure against loss.
- Shifts include ticket sales, reconciliation of receipts and cash, and preparation of daily sales reports. Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving in order to reconcile transactions
- Alert the CFM Program Coordinator quickly, effectively and appropriately to individual cases of unfavorable customer service or special needs and respond if necessary, within clearly established guidelines
- Ensure the safety, security, and cleanliness of the work area. Share responsibility with all staff for the clean and neat appearance of the entire museum.
- Actively participate in a culture of continuous improvement seeking and suggesting ways to better respond to visitor needs
- Availability to work special evening programs.
- Promote and communicate the benefits of Memberships and season passes. Processes membership applications including upgrades
- Understand and observe all CFM policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences
- 1-3 months customer services or counter sales experience preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task and work in a high paced environment
- Must be reliable, punctual, accountable and professional
- Must have excellent customer service skills, be courteous, efficient and possess a positive attitude
- Must be able to work and support colleagues in a close-knit and group environment.
- Ability and willingness to learn – and stay updated – on CFM operations, projects and programs.
- Ability to maintain a calm exterior presence during periods of high volume, high stress or unusual events
- Basic math and computer skills are required. Demonstrated experience with POS systems is desired
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Education and/or Experience:
Three months up to and including one year experience working with the public in a museum, educational institution or historical society; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences.
Individuals in this position are subject to a Criminal Conviction Record check upon hire and every other year thereafter.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested applicants should apply to email@example.com.